– Labour Day weekend
Merrijig rodeo grounds, Merrijig.
McCormacks Lane, Merrijig 3723
Showcasing Australia’s best rough riders competing in a thrilling spectacle against the back drop of the Victorian High Country, only 15 minutes drive from Mansfield.
Gates open 3.00 pm and Main event starts at 6.00 pm
– The Merrijig Rodeo is part of a triangular series. It is the second of the Kyabram, Merrijig, Chiltern APRA Tri-Series.
– Proceeds to local clubs and non-profit organisations.
Contact – Map – Program – Entertainment – Accommodation – Camping
Merrijig Rodeo and Sports Assn Inc
PO Box 793 Mansfield Vic 3724
All details on website – www.merrijigrodeo.com
General Details of 2014 Programme
Gates open 3pm
The main events begin at 6.00 pm.
Adults(18+) – $30
Senior/Pensioner – $20
Children (17and under) – Free – must be accompanied by an adult.
Full catering and bar facilities
• A BBQ kitchen serving steak sandwiches and sausages and other food stalls will be available.
• There is a ‘no BYO’ policy in place and will be enforced.
• No glass allowed on the grounds.
• No BYO of eskys
• There is a Cash Only licensed bar selling cans of beer, premixed spirits and wine.
• Due to license restrictions, we can only supply 2 drinks per person at any time.
• Under 18 year olds and intoxicated patrons will be refused service.
Starts 6pm – Main Events from 6.30pm
Bareback Bronc, Ladies Barrel Race, Junior Barrel Race
Team Roping, Breakaway Roping,
Local Steer Ride, Junior Bull Ride
OPEN BULL RIDE, 2nd Div Bull Ride, Junior Bull Ride, Local Steer Ride, Saddle Bronc, Steer Wrestling
Latest action-packed mechanical bull to test your skills
Bull Fighters/Clowns, Side Shows
Kids play area and face painting
How to get there
Courtesy bus: The Merrijig Rodeo Committee will again be providing a shuttle service to and from Mansfield / Merrijig, from the Mansfield MMBL terminal, High Streeet Mansfield.
Transport to and from Mansfield on the Saturday.
$10 per person each way
Departs Mansfield MMBL Depot 5:30 – 6:30 – 7:30
Returns Mansfield MMBL Depot 9:30 – 10:30 – 11:30
Vehicle: Get yourself to Mansfield and follow the signs to Mt Buller. Follow the signs on Mt Buller Road leading into Merrijig.
Approx. 20 km from Mansfield, the Merrijig Primary School and Merrijig Hall are seen on the right.
A few metres after the Merrijig Primary School and Hall, turn left into School Lane then right into McCormacks Lane.
Rodeo venue is approx 500 metres past M’Shed Storage Sheds.
A not-to-be-missed event for the local characters, colour, cowboys and an old-fashioned good time.
More information on Merrijig Rodeo website