· Easter activities
· Rail Trail
The Rail Trail will be open in its entireity from early April. There may be some areas still requiring works.Enjoy the spectacular scenery of North East Victoria while cycling,walking or horse riding the trail. Cross over Lake Eildon on the 385m Bonnie Doon Bridge,traverse through farming country and enjoy the serenity. The trail runs between Mansfield and Tallarook with a spur line to Alexandra, a total of 134kms. Drinking water is limited along the trail so carry food and water with you. See www.victorianrailtrails.com.au for trail updates.
· Historic Displays
– Mansfield – Mansfield Historical Society, located in the historic old Mansfield Railway Station, has a new exhibition. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm. Entry by gold coin donation.
– Jamieson – Jamieson and District Historical Society Museum, at the old Jamieson Courthouse – 10am-4pm weekends and public holidays from Nov-May. View the fantastic photographic and historical displays.
· Mansfield Library
– Tues 3rd 11.00am – School holiday activity: Easter Bunnies Bookings essential 5775 2176.
– Thu 5th & 19th 10.30am – Storytime for preschoolers Theme: Easter stories, songs & craft.
– Thu 12th 2.30pm – School holiday activity: Make a bamboo basket.
– Fri 20th 3pm – Book Chat: Adults, join for a cuppa and chat about book of the month.
Every Wed 10.30am – Chess Club welcomes players of every level.
Jamieson “Bimbi” Car & Memorabilia museum, Waterson Road, Jamieson – featuring an incredible display of restored cars and home wares memorabilia. Entry by gold coin donation and all proceeds go to Mansfield Hospital, CFA or other local charities. Further details call Steve or Carol on 5777 0733. Open Friday to Monday 9am-5pm. Closed Good Friday and Anzac Day.
Rent a boat and cruise to a quiet inlet, unpack the picnic basket and enjoy the stunning
scenery, or grab a fishing rod to land that big one! Located Kennedy’s Point – Tow hire and Drive
option available. For bookings call Jeff at Lake Eildon Cruises on 0422 166 986 or view
Every Saturday – Mansfield Produce Swap. Snowgum Nursery, High St, Mansfield. 10am-12pm. Free registration required at event. Attendees can bring excess produce grown or preserves etc. from home to swap for other’s excesses.
Easter in the High Country
A range of events and activities to suit all ages. Bushmarkets, art exhibitions, Easter celebrations, open gardens, scenic chairlift rides and much more!
Easter Church Services
Anglican – Uniting Church – Catholic
Lion Feeding at the Mansfield Zoo See the lion feeding 1.30pm every Saturday,Sunday and everyday throughout school holidays. Hand feed most of the animals in the zoo,including the monkeys. Zoo is open every day from 10am. Daily pass entry so you can come and go as you like on day of entry. Why not roll out the swag under the stars with an overnight sleepover at the Mansfield Zoo. Details -Bronwen 5777 3576.
Mansfield Armchair Cinema – Beanbag cinema. Book a beanbag at the Mansfield Armchair Cinema! Something for everyone, with regular screenings of the latest release movies are showing throughout the school holidays.For program and session times visit www.the-mac.com.au/ or call the Cinema on 5775 2049.
Located at 1 Chenery Street, Mansfield.
25 April – Anzac Day services
6am – Dawn Service at the Memorial Gates in Highett St, Mansfield.
10am – Anzac Day March and Service – 9.50am assembly in Highett Street near the RSL Hall.
– Dawn Service at the Memorial followed by a gunfire breakfast.
– Dawn Service at Gerrans Reserve, followed by a gunfire breakfast at Hall.
11am – Anzac Day March and Service concluding at the Courthouse Hotel.
Merrijig – Memorial Ride