· Australia Day Events
· Ongoing events – Day by day events – Find accommodation
– Mansfield – Mansfield Historical Society, located in the historic old Mansfield Railway Station, has a new exhibition: Teddy Bear and Golliwog feature display. Open Friday Saturday & Sunday 11am-3pm. Entry by gold coin donation.
– Jamieson – Jamieson and District Historical Society Museum, at the old Jamieson Courthouse, is open 11am-3pm weekends and public holidays until May. View their fantastic photographic and historical displays.
Jamieson “Bimbi” Car and Memorabilia museum – with an incredible display of restored cars and home wares memorabilia, the museum is located on Waterson Road, Jamieson. Entry by gold coin donation with all proceeds to Mansfield Hospital, CFA or other local charities. Further details Steve or Carol on 5777 0733.
Mansfield Zoo – White Lion feeding at the Mansfield Zoo 5pm every day of the January school holidays.
Hand feed most of the animals in the zoo. Open daily 10am with a day pass so you can come and go as you like on the day of entry. Hey kids, book an overnight sleepover at the zoo – available all throughout school holidays. Call Bronwen 5777 3576.
Great Victorian Rail Trail. Ride Australia’s longest continuous rail trail stretching from Mansfield to Tallarook with a spur line to Alexandra. Suitable for walkers, cyclists and horse riders, you can tackle the entire 134km from end to end or pick a short section starting at one of the many towns or carparks that intersect the trail. Gentle gradients along much of the trail make it suitable for most fitness levels.
Please carry food and water and don’t forget the sun screen. See website www.victorianrailtrails.com.au
Mansfield Armchair Digital Cinema complex – Watch the latest movies in a huge beanbag at the . Open 7 days throughout school holidays . For program and session times view www.the-mac.com.au or call on 5775 2049. Located: 1 Chenery St. Mansfield.
Mansfield Outdoor Pool – Open 7 days a week for your convenience: Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and
Saturday-Sunday 10am -7pm. Further details call on 5775 2438.
Family Bowls on Friday evenings
Just the thing to do on a lazy Friday evening – anyone 12 years or over is welcome to participate.
A great family activity. Every Friday at 7pm during January – names in by 6pm. Bowls supplied; cost $7pp. Call the Bowling Club 5775 2257.
High Country Maze and Gardens
Explore over 6 acres of walled gardens featuring life-sized topiaries. Look for the gnomes hiding in the maze! Entry is Adults $14 Senior’s $12 and children (age 2 – 15) $7.00 (no Eftpos available). 678 Piries-Goughs Bay Road. Enquiries on 5777 3190.
Open every weekend in January, 10am-5pm.
Every Saturday – Mansfield Produce Swap. Free registration required at event. Attendees can bring excess home grown produce or preserves etc. to swap for others’ excesses. Snowgum Nursery, High St, Mansfield. 10am-12pm.
AUSTRALIA DAY CELEBRATIONS
Sun 26 Jan
– Community celebration, including sausage sizzle and entertainment from 8.30am on High St median strip.
9am – Mansfield Shire Mayor, Cr Ray Robinson, will open the official ceremony and guest speaker Tony Schiavello of Schiavello Group will present before the commencement of the Flag Raising Ceremony
and presentation of the Mansfield Australia Day Awards.
For further details phone Mansfield Shire Council on 5775 8555.
– Maindample Community Market. Maindample & District Progress Association at the community park, Main Street, (opposite the CFA shed). From 8am-1.30pm, browse a variety of stalls and enjoy great food. Stallholder enquiries, call Jeni on 0401 712 810.
– Bonnie Doon Country Market & Car Boot Sale. Loads of great produce, bric a brac and old treasures.
8.30am-1.30pm, Bonnie Doon Community Centre. Stallholder enquiries 5778 7722.
– Picnic in the Vines from 2pm onwards at the Delatite winery vineyard located on Pollards Road. Relax and enjoy live music, kids’ activities whilst sipping award winning local wines. Entry $10 per adult, kids free. Bookings preferred on 5775 2922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Mansfield Bushmarket – A variety of local and regional produce, local wines, preserves, art and craft, locally made furniture and much more! 8am-2.30pm in Highett Street. No dogs permitted.
Sun 27- Upper Goulburn Community Association Ten Mile to Kevington. Pull out your canoe, tube or rubber ducky and join in the fun on the annual river regatta. Race starts at 10.30am on the property 5171 Mansfield to Woods Point Road, Ten Mile (Sailor Bills Creek Bridge, 4kms by road from the Kevington Hotel) $5 donation per adult (kids free).
– Sun 27 – Maindample Trash & Treasure. Run by the Maindample & District Progress Association at the Community Park, Main St, Maindample (opposite the CFA shed). 8am-1pm.
Books, collectables, local crafts & produce, plants, gifts, Trash ‘n’ Treasure, Bargains Galore!!
Bacon & Egg Rolls, Sausage Sizzle, Baked Potatoes, Ice Creams, Cake Stall & Coffee.
Stalls available – for any enquiries call Jeni on 0401 712 810.
All proceeds from this market go towards the development of the Maindample Community Park Project
– Sun 27– Bonnie Doon County Market & Car Boot Sale – Loads of great produce, bric a brac and old treasures, 8.30am-1.30pm, Bonnie Doon Community Centre. Stallholder enquiries 5778 7722.
Further Information: www.mcav.com.au