– Mansfield – Mansfield Historical Society, located in the historic old Mansfield Railway Station, has a new exhibition. Open Friday Saturday & Sunday 11am-3pm. Entry by gold coin donation.
· Rail Trail Open, Mansfield to Bonnie Doon
Now open between Bonnie Doon and Mansfield. Ride or walk some or all of the 22 km scenic Goulburn River High Country Rail Trail through farming country and crossing Lake Eildon at Bonnie Doon. Drinking water is limited along the trail so please carry food and water with you. Refer www.victorianrailtrails.com.au for Trail updates.
· Petanque every Saturday at Picnic Point, Goughs Bay – 3.30pm to 5pm. An ideal chance to enjoy the great outdoors! BYO chair and drinks. Boules can be supplied. Open to all ages.
· Mansfield Armchair Cinemas – For program and session times visit www.the-mac.com.au/ or call the Cinema on 5775 2049. 1 Chenery Street, Mansfield.
· “Bimbi” Car and Memorabilia Museum. An incredible display of restored cars and home wares memorabilia at Waterson Road, Jamieson. Entry by gold coin donation and all proceeds to Mansfield Hospital, CFA or other local charities. Call Steve or Carol on 5777 0733. Open Friday to Monday 9am-5pm.
· Mansfield Produce Swap – Every Saturday 10am-12pm. Free event, registration required at event. Bring excess produce grown at home or preserves etc made at home to swap for others’ excess. Fruit, vegetables, herbs, seeds, baked and preserved goods. At Snowgum Nursery, 120 High Street, Mansfield.
· Chess Club welcomes players of every level, Weds 10.30am, Mansfield Library, Collopy St.
· Lion feeding at the Mansfield Zoo. 1.30pm every Saturday and Sunday in October. Hand feed most of the animals in the zoo, including the monkeys. Open daily 10am. Call Bronwen 5777 3576.
· Bonnie Doon Community Centre Events – www.bonniedoon.net.au
· Mansfield Aquatics is now open for learn to swim classes, aqua aerobics, private bookings,
club and school bookings and public recreational swimming. For class and session times –
see www.mansfieldaquatics.com.au or call 5779 1857.
High Country Festival and Spring Arts 2015
Highlights include the Wildfire Fireworks extravaganza, Grand parade, Spring Arts Walk, open gardens, music and live performances.
Friday 25 October to Tues 5 November.
HIGH COUNTRY FESTIVAL – including art exhibitions, performances, music, fireworks, open gardens, and other community events. The Grand Parade, Torchlight Parade and
Fireworks are still a highlight of the festival but there are so many more wonderful
events – with the finale being the Mansfield Picnic Races.
Full program details can be found at www.highcountryfestival.com.au, or pick up a program at the Mansfield Visitor Information Centre.
Saturday 26 October to 9th November – MMUDS presents “Sweet Charity” with all the favorite hit tunes, at the Performing Arts Centre, View St Mansfield . Performance dates 26th, 29th, 31st October and 2nd, 7th & 9th November at 8pm, with matinee show Sunday 27th October and Sunday 3rd at 4pm. Tickets available from Wallaby Ritz or online www.mmuds.org.au